22 March 2020 12:39
Transformers actress Sophia Myles has announced her father has died after contracting coronavirus. The star, 40, revealed on 14 March that her father Peter had caught the illness while battling other underlying health conditions. She has been posting regular updates about Mr Myles, a retired Church of England vicar, and posted photographs of visiting him in hospital. On Saturday, she said he had died. RIP Peter Myles.
It was the Corona Virus that finally took him. — Sophia Myles (@SophiaMyles) March 21, 2020 She told her Twitter followers: "RIP Peter Myles. My dear Dad died only a few hours ago. It was the coronavirus that finally took him." Hours before, Myles posted a photograph of herself at her father's bedside wearing a pair of plastic gloves, an apron and a surgical face mask. Image: Sophia Myles rose to fame after starring in The Prince and The Pauper in 1996 She also posted an old image of the pair together with her brother.
pic.twitter.com/Gz6G3zd19E — Sophia Myles (@SophiaMyles) March 21, 2020 Myles rose to fame after starring in The Prince and The Pauper as Lady Jane Grey in 1996. In 2014 she starred in the Transformers: Age of Extinction as Darcy Tyril. Former Real Madrid president Lorenzo Sanz has died of coronavirus aged 76. Sanz, Real's president from 1995 to 2000, had been admitted to hospital with a fever and tested positive for the virus. A statement on Real Madrid's official website read: "Real Madrid, its president and the Board of Directors regret with great consternation the death of Lorenzo Sanz, who was president of Real Madrid from 1995 to 2000.
"They also want to express their deepest condolences and all their affection for his wife Mari Luz, her children, Lorenzo, Francisco, Fernando, Maria Luz (Malula) and Diana, and their family and friends. Condolences that also extend to all Real Madrid." Real added: "Today, Real Madrid is mourning the loss of a president who dedicated a large part of his life to his great passion: Real Madrid. "Given the current circumstances, Real Madrid will pay him the recognition he deserves as soon as possible." Sanz's son Lorenzo Jr, a former player and director with Real's basketball team, confirmed his father's death on Twitter. He wrote: "My father just passed away. One of the kindest, bravest, and (most) hardworking people I have ever seen is leaving. "His family and Real Madrid were his passion. My mother and my brothers have enjoyed all their moments with pride." Real won six trophies during Sanz's time as president, including the Champions League in 1998 and 2000. His other son Fernando Sanz, who played for Real during his father's spell as president, confirmed earlier this week that his father had been admitted to hospital but the family were unsure at that stage whether he had the disease. "He did not want to go to the hospital until he was short of air and he was getting worse," Fernando Sanz said in quotes reported by Marca on Wednesday. He said he had a low fever and did not want to collapse the system." LaLiga said in a brief statement: "From LaLiga we want to send our deepest condolences for the recent death of Lorenzo Sanz, with whom many of us have shared work and friendship. "We share in the pain of this loss, especially for Real Madrid, the club of which he was president for years. Rest in peace." Sanz's legacy will be delivering the club's seventh Champions League title in 1998, La Septima, which came 32 years after they had last been crowned European champions. Following Real's second Champions League win under Sanz in 2000, he lost the presidency to Florentino Perez and was unsuccessful when he put himself forward for the vacancy in 2006 when Ramon Calderon was elected. Former Real Madrid President, Lorenzo Sanz, has died at the age of 76 after he was hospitalised due to contracting Coronavirus (Covid-19). His son, Lorenzo Sanz junior, confirmed that this father, who was president of the famous Spanish club between 1995 and 2000, had sadly passed away. Sanz oversaw two Champions League titles during his time as president. "One of the best, bravest and hardest-working people I have ever seen. His family and Real Madrid were his passions." Sanz signed players such as Roberto Carlos, Davor Suker and Clarence Seedorf during his time in charge. He lost the 2000 presidential election to Florentino Perez which heralded in the 'Galactico' era which saw Real Madrid spend significantly large amounts on players. Former Real Madrid president Lorenzo Sanz died at the age of 76 on Saturday at a hospital in Madrid where he was admitted with the novel coronavirus. "My father has just passed away. He did not deserve this ending and in this way. My father has just passed away. He did not deserve this ending and in this way," tweeted his son, Lorenzo Sanz junior. Sanz junior had announced that his father, who served as the president of Real Madrid between 1995 to 2000, was admitted to a hospital after showing symptoms of the COVID-19. Sanz claimed a place on the Real Madrid board in the mid-1980s, when the president was Ramon Mendoza. He replaced Mendoza as president in 1995. Current Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos, who like all his club mates is in quarantine, paid his tribute to Sanz. He tweeted, "Very sad day for Real Madrid. Lorenzo Sanz connected yesterday and today with two numbers for history — 7 and 8." Día muy triste para el madridismo. Lorenzo Sanz conectó el ayer y el hoy con dos números para la historia: 7 y 8. Su muerte entristece aún más estos días difíciles en los que nos encontramos. Mis profundas condolencias para familia y amigos. — Sergio Ramos (@SergioRamos) March 21, 2020 "His death saddens us even more in these difficult days in which we find ourselves. My deep condolences to his family and friends. Rest in peace," Ramos added. Meanwhile, Real Madrid asked all his staff and players to follow self-quarantine after one of the club's basketball players was tested positive. Like in most parts of Europe, Spain is suffering severely from the ongoing pandemic. The country recorded more than 300 deaths on Saturday to take the total number of fatalities more than 1300. The COVID-19 pandemic, which has already killed over 13,000 people and affected more than 3,08,500 people worldwide, has disrupted the sporting calendars with all the major events being either postponed or canceled.