loading...

02 November 2020 16:44

Baftas 2019 Activision Blizzard Blizzard Entertainment

prince william

It alarmed the nation when news broke back in March that Prince Charles had contracted coronavirus. While the heir apparent has fortunately since recovered, it's now been reported that his son, the Duke of Cambridge, also had COVID – which he kept secret so as not to concern the public. According to the Sun, Prince William caught the virus in April, soon after his father. The news outlet reports that the 38-year-old Prince subsequently told an observer at an engagement: 'There were important things going on and I didn't want to worry anyone.' The royal is said to have been treated by palace doctors, adhering to government guidelines by isolating at Anmer Hall in Norfolk. The public remained none the wiser, with the Duke carrying out 14 telephone and video call engagements from the country home throughout April.

prince william

A source told the Sun: 'William was hit pretty hard by the virus – it really knocked him for six. After seeing medics and testing positive – which was obviously quite a shock given how fit and healthy he is – William was determined it should be business as usual though. In light of the recent news of two high profile figures being struck down by the virus – both Prince Charles and Prime Minister Boris Johnson – William reportedly did not wish to create further panic. The source went on: 'The Queen delivered her We Will Meet Again address, and he just didn't want to worry people. The Court Circular is your inside track on the latest happenings in the Royal Family, covering the biggest stories shaping the monarchy right now.

prince william

by entering your email address, you agree to our privacy policy Thank You. You have successfully subscribed to our newsletter. SUBSCRIBE Invalid email Sign up fornow and never miss the top Royal stories again. However, in early March, William joked about "spreading coronavirus" on the first evening of a three-day royal trip to Ireland with Kate Middleton. Speaking to Joe Mooney, an advanced paramedic with the National Ambulance Service, William said: "I bet everyone's like 'I've got coronavirus, I'm dying', and you're like 'no, you've just got a cough.'" The second-in-line to the throne added: "It does seem quite dramatic about coronavirus at the moment. Prince William joked about spreading coronavirus in March Prince William and Kate Middleton in Dublin "We're keeping an eye on that, so do tell us if we need to stop." While Prince William's casual attitude towards coronavirus reflected many people's views in early March, it was just two and a half weeks before the national lockdown started on March 23.

prince william

Prince William speaking to paramedic Joe Mooney about coronavirus The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge self-isolated in Anmer Hall near Sandringham with their three children for the duration of the first lockdown. Explaining why he did not tell the public about his diagnosis, William told one observer at an engagement: "There were more important things going on and I didn't want to worry anyone." He even carried out 14 telephone and video call engagements as he battled the virus during April. A source told The Sun: "William was hit pretty hard by the virus ‒ it really knocked him for six. "After seeing medics and testing positive ‒ which was obviously quite a shock given how fit and healthy he is ‒ William was determined it should be business as usual though. Since the start of the first lockdown, William and Kate have been doing video calls to keep in touch with people and have repeatedly thanked our NHS and key workers.

prince william

Kate and William present the Pride of Britain award to NHS frontline heroes Last week, William told workers during a visit to St Bartholomew's Hospital in London: "We cannot thank you enough. Chinese electric-vehicle (EV) maker NIO (NYSE:NIO) said on Monday that its deliveries doubled in October from a year ago, as a recent production increase helped it hit a key milestone for the first time. NIO delivered 5,055 vehicles to customers in October, breaking the 5,000-delivery mark for the first time as it reaped the benefits of a production capacity increase that it put in place a few weeks earlier. NIO's sales have been rising steadily since China's coronavirus pandemic faded in the spring. Year to date, the company's deliveries are up 111% from the first 10 months of 2019, as its monthly sales totals recovered in April and have increased since.

NIO is expected to begin construction of its own factory near Hefei soon, possibly early next year. Separately, the company said that it will report its third-quarter earnings results before the U.S. markets open on Nov. 17. Analysts expect the results to be good: NIO's sales in the quarter rose 154% from the third quarter of 2019, exceeding the optimistic guidance the company provided in August. Chinese electric-vehicle maker Xpeng reported strong October deliveries on Monday, and the stock was rising in response. Xpeng (ticker: XPEV) delivered 3,040 vehicles, up 229% from less than 1,000 vehicles a year earlier. Xpeng delivered 3,478 vehicles in September. Management said in a news release that China's Golden Week holiday in early October affected its deliveries. Xpeng peer NIO (NIO) reported Monday that it delivered 5,055 vehicles in October, doubling from a year earlier. NIO eked out monthly gains, as well, delivering 4,708 vehicles in September and 3,965 vehicles in August. Rising deliveries are good, not only for Xpeng and NIO, but for the EV industry. U.S. October car sales will come out over the next couple of days, with the final number likely on Tuesday evening. That figure excludes Xpeng shares, because it does have a full year of trading history. Analysts expect the company to post a 17-cent per-share loss from $284 million in sales. Xpeng is still a relatively new company and hasn't produced a profit yet.