loading...

06 August 2019 12:04

Batley Explosion Bellator MMA

coast

The video will start in 8 Cancel Get the biggest daily stories by email Subscribe Thank you for subscribing We have more newsletters Show me See our privacy notice Could not subscribe, try again later Invalid Email This is the moment a massive explosion rocks an industrial estate in Fife. Fire crews have been battling the blaze in Cowdenbeath for a couple of hours after the alarm was raised just before 8am. Officers from Police Scotland are also on the scene at the Cowdenbeath Taxi Service Yard at the Woodend Industrial Estate to assist the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service. Several explosions have been heard coming from the estate this morning as residents living close by have spoken of their houses shaking. The taxi firm took to Facebook to say all their staff were safe following the explosion.

boohoo.com

A statement read: "As most will know we have had a fire in our yard this morning. "All our staff are ok and safe. (Image: Facebook) Fiona Ramage took to Facebook to say: "Shook my house too this was at ten past 8 when I first heard it." Lorna Park said: "It's from Woodend industrial estate I live at the back of it and the whole house shook there is still explosions going off." Wendy Brown said: "It's in woodend industrial estate somewhere, I live across the road and the smoke is really bad and I can still hear small like explosions/bangs, just hope everyone is ok over there." Video Loading Video Unavailable Click to play Tap to play The video will start in 8 Cancel Play now Seven appliances were sent to the scene earlier this morning to deal with the blaze. A Scottish Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: "We are currently tackling a fire at a business premises in Woodend Industrial Estate, Cowdenbeath. (Image: Elaine Fisher Seath/Facebook) "Operations Control mobilised seven fire appliances to the scene after the alarm was raised at 7.59am." Get the biggest money stories by email Subscribe Thank you for subscribing We have more newsletters Show me See our privacy notice Could not subscribe, try again later Invalid Email Online retailer Boohoo has confirmed it's made an offer to buy UK fashion brands Karen Millen and Coast.

fife

Bosses said a proposal has been put forward for the acquisition, which could lead to hundreds of high street job cuts - although it failed to comment on whether the plans would take the two firms online only. Troubled fashion chain Coast - which has around 24 stores - went into administration last October after months of plummeting sales. The company's website, IP, brand and concessions were later saved by Karen Millen, who continued to employ over 600 of the company's staff. Under the deal, Coast became a subsidiary of Aurora Fashions, which is owned by Icelandic Bank, Kaupthing. However, in June this year the company - which also owns Oasis and Warehouse - put Karen Millen up for sale, along with womenswear brand Coast.

explosion

Boohoo did not specify whether the potential deal involves any plans for the two retailers' physical stores. Sources told Sky, which first reported the news, that the firms were being bought through a process called pre-pack administration, which would be initiated once Deloitte had been appointed as administrator to Karen Millen. Karen Millen‎ operates in 65 countries and employs 1,700 staff worldwide. Boohoo said its offer was part of a plan "to lead the fashion e-commerce market globally". The company also owns controlling stakes in PrettyLittleThing, NastyGal and MissPap. The sale follows Sports Direct's takeover of Jack Wills on Monday night, and a 23 Topshop closures under Philip Green's Arcadia empire in May. The Arsenal captain, Laurent Koscielny, is on the verge of a return to France with Bordeaux after the clubs agreed a fee of up to €5m (£4.6m).

free battle

Koscielny is due to undergo a medical at the Ligue 1 club on Tuesday and, assuming that goes smoothly, will sign for Paulo Sousa's side shortly afterwards. Personal terms are not believed to be a problem and it will bring an end to a nine-year spell in north London for the experienced centre-back. Transfer window 2019 – every summer deal from Europe's top five leagues Read more In one way the move is a blow for Unai Emery on the eve of the new season, with Arsenal's short-staffing at the back already an issue. But in another way it removes a significant problem from his hands as Koscielny made it clear this summer that he wanted to leave Arsenal. That desire led to a dismayed Koscielny refusing to join Arsenal's preseason tour of the US after the club refused to end his contract a year early and let him depart for free. Arsenal said at the time that they were "very disappointed" with the actions of a player who, since arriving from Lorient in 2010, has been a consistent and upstanding character. But Bordeaux's willingness to pay a fee has broken the deadlock between the parties and the 33-year-old Koscielny, who has made 353 appearances for Arsenal, now looks certain to get his move. Arsenal will see defensive reinforcements as a priority and are interested in the RB Leipzig centre-back Dayot Upamecano, as well as Daniele Rugani of Juventus. Arsenal's Laurent Koscielny is set to join Ligue 1 side Bordeaux in a deal worth around £5 million, it is understood. The Gunners captain is set to have a medical at the French club on Monday. Koscielny is understood to be keen on a return to his homeland. The France international joined Arsenal in 2010 from Lorient for a reported fee of £8.45 million and went on to make 353 appearances, before being made captain during the 2016-17 season.

Related news