13 October 2020 12:37

Boris Johnson Coronavirus Lockdown

How childcare and support bubbles are impacted as Chesterfield placed in Tier one lockdown

What the new Covid restrictions mean for social gatherings How the new Government measures affect socialising and support bubbles for tier two and three regions People in a support bubble can have close contact when they visit each other, stay overnight, and visit public places together. Government guidance advises people to follow social distancing guidelines with people outside of your home or support bubble, adding that this is "critical" in keeping you, your family and friends safe. It adds that support bubbles should be formed with households who live locally, where possible, to prevent the potential transmission of the virus between different areas. Friends or family who do not live with you and are not part of a support or childcare bubble must not visit your home to help with childcare, according to official guidance. In tier two areas, social mixing between households is prohibited indoors, but those in support bubbles can continue to mix in private homes and in indoor venues such as pubs and restaurants.

However, the Rule of Six means that people can still meet in groups of up to six people outside such as in private gardens and public places. In tier three areas, social mixing between households is prohibited both indoors and outdoors in any setting, such as private homes, pubs, restaurant or private garden, but support bubbles and childcare bubbles are allowed to continue. The Government has also advised people not to travel in and out of high risk areas and for those residing in tier three regions to stay local. Family and friends can continue to provide informal childcare as long as groups from different households don't exceed six people. The government has now published more guidance for the new alert levels, including guidance on weddings and funerals, moving home, support groups and even protests.

Under the new guidelines, you may not meet family and friends in any indoor setting, unless you live together or are in a support bubble. From tomorrow (Wednesday, October 13), new rules and restrictions will be in place across the district, which will have a Local COVID alert level of high under the government's new system. You may continue to see family and friends you do not live with outside, including in a private garden or other outdoor space, but must not meet in a group of more than six, including children. These exceptions include: for registered childcare, education and training; for prospective adopting parents to meet a child or children who may be placed with them; for before and after school childcare, youth groups and activities; for birth partners or to see someone who is dying. At weddings and funerals, people may interact with those who are not part of their household or support bubble, but should practice social distancing.

Other activities, such as indoor exercise classes and other activity groups can only continue provided that households or support bubbles do not mix Venues such as pubs, shops and restaurants are allowed to stay open and may host multiple groups, but people should not mix indoors with people they do not live with. Schools remain open, and students are encouraged to attend university while following social distancing guidelines and avoiding mixing with those they do not live with. In private homes and gardens, childcare may be provided by registered providers, including nannies, people in your support bubble and people in your childcare bubble, which is one person from another household providing informal childcare to a child aged 13 or under. As the region was already under a local lockdown, Greater Manchester automatically moved into the 'High' coronavirus alert level - escaping the toughest restrictions set out in Tier 3. You can't meet with anyone outside of your household/support bubble in any indoor setting - i.e. homes, restaurants. You can continue to see friends and family you do not live with (or have not formed a support bubble with) outside, including in a garden or other outdoor space. If you live in a High alert level area you cannot meet indoors with people outside of the area. Restrictions on businesses and venues in High alert level areas include: businesses and venues must ensure people do not meet in their premises with people from outside of their household or support bubble You can move home and travel to go to university but there are some stricter rules in place for areas in high alert level areas: students living at their university term time address in a High alert level area should follow the same guidance on meeting other people and travel as others in that area. meet people you do not live with in their home inside the area, unless they're in your household, childcare or support bubble host people you do not live with in your home, if they live in the affected area, unless they're in your childcare or support bubble meet people you do not live with in their student halls, whether inside or outside of the area, unless they're in your childcare or support bubble host people you do not live with in your home or student halls if they live in a High alert level area (unless they're in your household, support bubble or childcare bubble) You can still travel within High alert level areas to hotels and other guest accommodation, but you should only do this with people in your household/support bubble. You can still go on holiday outside of High alert level areas, but you must only do this with people in your household/support bubble. Within these larger gatherings, people do not need to limit their interaction to groups of six or their own household, but social distancing should still be followed between people who do not live together or share a support bubble. People living outside of a high alert level area can travel to this area to attend an event, but they must not meet with another household indoors. • must not socialise with anybody you do not live with, or have formed a support bubble with, in any indoor setting or in any private garden or at most outdoor hospitality venues or ticketed events