loading...

05 October 2020 08:44

Chantelle Cameron World Boxing Council Katie Taylor

Italian kart driver Luca Corberi attempted to throw his bumper at a rival driver during the FIA KZ World Championship. Corberi was taking part in the Lonato circuit and was forced to retire after coming in contact with another driver. However, Corberi hung around at the side of the track and picked up the bumper from his car. What followed was the 23-year-old attempting to throw it at other drivers on the track as commentators stated, "I'm sorry, that is absolutely unacceptable." Karting driver Luca Corberi got mad at a race and then this happened. Should be a ban for life.

pic.twitter.com/ofVoSif6fJ He then stomped across the rest of the track. Luckily, the opposite driver did not suffer any injuries from the attack. Following the race, Corberi started a brawl in the pit with an unnamed driver before other competitors intervened. Karter Luca Corberi continues to vent his anger after the kart race. Somebody arrest this guy.

(via @EstagiariodaF1) pic.twitter.com/R9Kuk2VI4G - F1 Feeder Series (@F1FeederSeries1) October 4, 2020 It isn't the first time a motosport athlete has attempted to cause serious harm to their opponent during a race. Back in 2018, Moto2 driver Romano Fenati reached over to rival Stefano Manzi and grabbed his break at 140mph. As the pair jostled for position on the straight, he went to extreme lengths to try and gain an advantage on his opponent, producing one of the most bizarre and dangerous moments going. To the surprise of absolutely no-one, he was disqualified and given a suspension for two Grand Prixs for "irresponsible riding". His team then let him go following the incident. Have you EVER seen anything like this?! Romano Fenati attempts to grab the brake of another rider at 140mph:flushed: Incredibly dangerous. Unbelievable...#SanMarinoGP pic.twitter.com/kONNKRlbVl - BT Sport (@btsport) September 9, 2018 "The Marinelli Snipers Team shall terminate the contract with the rider Romano Fenati, from now on, for his unsporting, dangerous and damaging conduct for the image of all," read a statement from Marinelli Snipers. "With extreme regret, we have to note that his irresponsible act endangered the life of another rider and can't be apologised (for) in no way." Fenati explained that he was "not a man" following the incident. Romano Fenati's contract with Marinelli Snipers has been terminated with immediate effect after yesterday's incident at the #SanMarinoGP... pic.twitter.com/wRjdEbBhjV - MotoGP on BT Sport (@btsportmotogp) September 10, 2018 "I apologise to the whole sports world. This morning, with a clear mind, I wish it had been just a bad dream," he said. Advert "I think back to those moments, I made a disgraceful gesture, I was not a man. Everyone at some point has had a bout of road rage, but for the most part it's a few choice words or maybe a honk of the horn and you move on. But this Italian kart driver took his road rage to a simply dangerous level during the FIA Karting World Championships. Luca Corberi, 23, left social media in utter disbelief and had a former F1 world champion calling for the end of his racing career after he put his opponents lives at risk during a race in the Lonato circuit. The former junior champion was forced to retire from the race after contact with a fellow driver, but instead of walking off behind the barriers he hung around trackside. What happened next left everyone stunned. Corberi stood on the side of the track holding the bumper from his kart before stepping out onto the track and launching the bumper at a driver, believed to be Paolo Ippolito. "What is Luca Corberi playing at?" the commentator says trying to figure out what he's doing trackside. "Oh Luca Corberi, what on earth is he doing. I'm sorry, that is absolutely unacceptable. "Luca Corberi makes himself public enemy number one. "He's going to completely negate the officials. They're going to walk across the circuit. Luca Corberi is walking in and he should be waiting at the marshal post. He clearly feels that somebody has done him wrong, in some way." Thankfully the dangerous act didn't result in any injuries to the other drivers during the race with the bumper debris cleaned up. Luca Corberi throwing the bumper. Photo / Twitter Following the race footage emerged showing Corberi attacking Ippolito in the pits, with reports emerging a man wearing a black hoodie who joins in the mayhem as being Corberi's father. "The man with the black hoodie also assaulting the driver is Corberi's father, owner of the track. The FIA should never race in Lonato again," motorsport journalist Aurora Dell'Agli wrote. Footage shows Ippolito with his head down standing next to his kart when Corberi comes charging out from under the cover and forcefully shoves him backwards into the fence. The two tussle before fellow drivers and officials rush in to separate them. The crazy and dangerous incidents, at a track owned by the Corberi family, left those watching on stunned with many calling for a life ban to be handed down to the Italian. "Luca Corberi has just destroyed any chance he had at a racing career after his disgusting behaviour today at the FIA Karting World champs. His father owns the circuit and is seen power driving the guy into a wall, Life ban for both of these idiots please," 2009 F1 world champion Jenson Button wrote. "FIA Karting Championships today in Italy. What is this guy doing. Should be banned from racing for life.," former F1 driver Robert Doornbos wrote. "This is just so crazy, he should be banned from racing for life for doing something like this," Siddhartha Sharma wrote. "Oh, my God, what happened at the Karts World Cup!!! Exemplary sanction after this, Luca Corberi will never step on a circuit again in his life," Beatriz Pino wrote.