22 August 2020 22:37
Sign up today for the best stories straight to your inbox Sign up today! Tyson Fury sent a furious response to Floyd Mayweather as the boxing legend offered to "train" Deontay Wilder ahead of a third rematch. The Gypsy King is reportedly preparing for a second rematch against the American after taking the WBC heavyweight belt off him in February. And the Bronze Bomber has been offered some help from one of the sport's best. Mayweather, who enjoyed a 50-fight unbeaten career up to his retirement three years ado, saying in a Q&A session on his UK tour: "If I train him.
But Fury has now taken to Twitter with a brutal message for the 43-year-old. "Floyd, no matter what you teach him, I will smash him," the Gypsy King said. The pair fourth out a draw in their first clash a year-and-a-half ago, with Fury getting up from a 12-round knockdown by Wilder. But the Mancunian was able to put the Bronze Bomber on the floor twice six months ago in Las Vegas. With the Gypsy king holding the WBC heavyweight belt, talk has turned to when he will face fellow Brit Anthony Joshua, who holds the four other belts in that division.
And Fury has held nothing back with latest message to the heavyweight champion – and the fight included Wilder in his target list. "I'm coming for Wilder first, then I'm going to come for Joshua," he said last month. "Then I'm gonna come for whoever else wants the smoke. Get the latest transfer news straight into your inbox! Or perhaps you're a Chelsea fan waiting for news on Kai Havertz? Well then sign up for the brilliant new Daily Star Sport email newsletter! From the latest transfer news to the agenda-setting stories, get it all in your email inbox. Simply type your email address into the box at the top of this article and hit 'subscribe'. You can later unsubscribe by hitting the button on any one of the emails. You can find out more information on our email newsletter on this link here. "I'm getting better with age, like a fine wine." Willian Whyte had been hoping to get a clash with the Gypsy King but his promoter Frank Warren has explained why Fury will not take him on. "He ain't fighting Dillian Whyte because he wants Anthony Joshua," he said. Then while Dillian waits for his opportunity, a massive fight would be him against [Daniel] Dubois. Tyson Fury is probably the biggest star in boxing at the moment in my opinion. "Him against Joshua is the fight everyone wants to see. I'm a fan and I want to see it. "I want to see these two guys fight each other and no-one should stand in their way and it's really important that it happens now when these two guys are at their best." NIGEL BENN has labelled Deontay Wilder "rubbish" ahead of the heavyweight's trilogy fight against Tyson Fury. The American was obliterated by Fury in their memorable February rematch, which ended after seven rounds of Gypsy King domination. 2 Nigel Benn believes Deontay Wilder will suffer another heavy defeat to Tyson Fury later this year Credit: Getty Images - Getty 2 The Bronze Bomber has been labelled "rubbish" by the ex-world champ Credit: Getty Images - Getty A third contest between the pair is set for later this year in Las Vegas. But British veteran Benn, who won world titles in two divisions, reckons Fury is better suited to focusing on Anthony Joshua and Dillian Whyte. The 56-year-old told Press Box PR: "I don't know why Fury is having a third fight with Wilder. "He needs fresh blood and that blood is Anthony Joshua or Dillian Whyte. "He can't outbox Fury, Fury is like a magician when it comes to movement. "Wilder is like a windmill, he's rubbish, he's one of the worst boxers going." On Saturday night, Whyte continues his push towards a world title fight with a match-up against Alexander Povetkin. Joshua, meanwhile, is still waiting on a new date for his clash with Kubrat Pulev before turning his attention to a two-fight deal with Fury. With boxing comebacks all the rage, Benn attempted his own return to the ring before suffering a shoulder injury last year. Later this year will also see Mike Tyson, 54, pull on his gloves for a meeting with Roy Jones Jr, 51. And Benn says he approached Jones Jr about a possible comeback, only to be turned down by the American. latest Boxing news Live Blog FIGHT NIGHT Taylor wins thrilling slugfest with Whyte vs Povetkin next WHAT A BELTER Katie Taylor retains titles against Delfine Persoon in another thriller Exclusive ROUNDS NOT £S Joshua ready to take £5m hit by boxing behind closed doors as he looks return Breaking POUNDED Viewers complain as broadcast issues hit Taylor victory on Whyte vs Povetkin card WAY TO KO Chris Kongo ends 16 months of misery with brutal KO win over Luther Clay FUR SURE Fury tells Mayweather he will 'smash' Wilder - not matter what he teaches him He added: "When I was making a comeback we were talking to Roy Jones but he wasn't having any of it. "When Chris Eubank didn't want to know, we were calling Roy out and thought we were getting somewhere, my agent has all the paperwork, I can send you it, but he backed out.