12 February 2020 06:33

Josh Maja Sunderland A.F.C. EFL League One

gillingham f.c.

The highlights of the Sky Bet League One match between Blackpool and Gillingham. Brandon Hanlan scored a dramatic additional time winner when Gillingham came from behind to beat Blackpool 3-2 Earn £ 250,000 on Tuesday!%MINIFYHTML79e872cbb9e5e5b4c3e371c1fcad0aaa11%%MINIFYHTML79e872cbb9e5e5b4c3e371c1fcad0aaa12% FREE TO PLAY: Don't miss the opportunity to get the Super 6 jackpot for the sixth time this season on Tuesday. Top scorer Armand Gnanduillet gave the Bloomfield Road team an early lead, but John Akinde leveled the Gills after the break. Regan Charles-Cook gave the visitors the advantage before Nathan Delfouneso's header at the discount time seemed to have won a draw, only for Hanlan to attack death for the Gills. After Jack Bonham stopped Gary Madine shooting at the Seasiders, Gnanduillet did it moments later with a clinical end in the bottom corner.

brandon hanlan

The chances of Connor Ronan and Madine were pleading before Akinde got behind and put a 73-minute equalizer, despite Chris Maxwell's best efforts at the home goal. And the hosts were stunned when moments later Charles-Cook flew home to put the Gills 2-1 up. Gillingham almost grabbed a third when Jack Tucker's header hit the carpentry, but instead, Delfouneso nodded toward the equalizer. However, the late drama was not over, as Hanlan's short-distance header shot in death secured the three points for Gillingham. Pool boss Simon Grayson The Seasiders appeared to be on track for their first back-to-back league wins since November when Armand Gnanduillet handed them a sixth-minute lead.

But Gillingham produced a stunning comeback, scoring two goals in as many second-half minutes to put themselves in the lead. Pool still had time to equalise in the first of four minutes of stoppage time, Nathan Delfouneso heading home having come off the bench. Sign up to our daily newsletter The i newsletter cut through the noise Thanks for signing up! Sorry, there seem to be some issues. Please try again later. Submitting... Yet Grayson's men still transpired to lose the game, Brandon Hanlan finding the back of the net with a header of his own from six yards out from a 94th-minute corner. The result, which was met by boos and calls for his sacking at full-time, means Grayson has now overseen a run of seven defeats from Pool's last nine league outings. Emerging to speak to the media after a long debrief with his coaching staff, Grayson said: "You look at the performance in the first half, I thought we were good and we were comfortable. They never really threatened too much other than set pieces. "We got the goal, but we could have had at least another couple to make it comfortable at half time. "We missed some good opportunities and when you play a Steve Evans side you know exactly what you're going to come up against. "Second half I said we needed to keep the ball slightly better but make sure we competed. But individual mistakes have cost us. "It gave them a lift and they get back into the game and before you know it, you're 2-1 down and you're chasing the game when really it should have been over. "It becomes a difficult night. "You equalise late on and you say 'we'll take the point now' and make sure you don't lose the game. "But there are individual mistakes for all three goals and they have cost us a point at the very least, whereas up to the first goal we were quite comfortable in the game. "You have to defend everything Gillingham throw at you. In the first half we did that, we were compact and we dealt with second balls. "But we went to sleep and allowed John Akinde to run through when someone should have stayed with him. "Then for their second the lad chests it down in the box when he's got three or four yards of space. You didn't see us getting that sort of opportunity when we were attacking. "Then you just do whatever is required to get the draw. After the run we've been on, you'll take four points out of six after scoring an equaliser so late on and you move onto the next game. Steve Evans felt his Gillingham side were way off top gear as they snatched all three points at Blackpool thanks to Brandon Hanlan's stoppage-time winner. The Gills made it six games unbeaten despite trailing for much of the game after Armand Gnanduillet's opener early on. Two goals in three second-half minutes gave the visitors the advantage at Bloomfield Road as John Akinde and Regan Charles-Cook turned the tables, and though Nathan Delfouneso equalised for the hosts in the first minute of stoppage time, there was still time for Hanlan to win it in the fifth minute of time added on. And Evans believes that, though his charges were out of sorts for large swaths of the game, their class shone through in the end. "We've deserved to win without being at our best," he said. "It was probably our poorest performance, certainly in the first 45, in a long while. Certainly, away from home we've been dominating games. I think they deservedly took the lead. "I think we're probably not defensively at our sharpest on the right-hand side, but they get in front and we limp through to half-time really and we had to wake them up a little bit, make one or two changes tactically and in terms of players as well. I think second half we were by far the better team." Tangerines' top scorer Gnanduillet gave the hosts the lead seven minutes in when he pounced on a chance to finish smartly. Though opportunities came and went, it was to be over an hour until the net would bulge again, with Akinde converting one-on-one before Charles-Cook put the visitors in front. And Blackpool boss Simon Grayson was left deflated by his side's inability to see out the game after Delfouneso looked to have grabbed a point in injury time. "You equalise so late on and you think you'll take the point now," he said. "You have to make sure that you don't lose the game and individual mistakes for all three goals have cost us a point at the very least where, up to the first goal, we were quite comfortable in the game and it's made it a difficult night for us. "You look at the performance of the first half, I thought we were good, we were comfortable. "They never really threatened too much apart from set pieces. We got the goal and could have had another couple of goals and gone in quite comfortable at half-time. "Second half we said we needed to probably keep the ball a little bit better, but make sure that we competed and individual mistakes have cost us. "It gave them a lift to get back into the game and before you know it, you're 2-1 down and you're chasing the game when really the game should have been over and it becomes a difficult night for us."