loading...

17 December 2019 14:39

Love Island Tamer Hassan Belle Hassan

Caroline Flack tells boyfriend Lewis Burton ‘I love you’ after quitting Love Island over assault charge

Caroline Flack sent love to Lewis Burton after she quit Love Island Caroline Flack has shared a sweet message to boyfriend Lewis Burton after quitting Love Island following her assault arrest. The 40-year-old announced she had quit the dating show on Tuesday, after she was charged with assault by beating over an alleged row with the tennis ace. It is not yet known who will replace her on the ITV2 series, with winter Love Island set to start in just a few weeks. And, breaking her silence over the news, she shared a message thanking fans for treating her with 'such kindness' throughout the five years she fronted the show. Taking to Instagram, she began: 'Love Island has been my world for the last five years, it's the best show on telly.

'In order to not detract attention from the upcoming series I feel the best thing I can do is to stand down for series six. Caroline confirmed she quit Love Island on Instagram (Picture: Instagram) She gave her boyfriend a shout-out (Picture: Instagram) 'There have been a significant number of media reports and allegations in regards to my personal life. 'While matters were not as have been reported, I am committed to co-operating with the appropriate authorities and I can't comment further on these matters until the legal process is over.' Caroline has hosted Love Island since 2015 (Picture: ITV/REX) Caroline has already filmed material for the winter series – in Cape Town – and stars in the first full trailer for the series. Caroline was arrested at her home in Islington after the 'row' (Picture: Backgrid) The news comes after she was arrested at her home in Islington, when officers were called to a 'domestic disturbance'. A police spokesperson told Metro.co.uk: 'Caroline Flack of Islington was charged on Friday, 13 December with assault by beating.

'She will appear on bail at Highbury Corner Magistrates' Court on Monday, 23 December. Caroline went public with her relationship with Lewis in August (Picture: Instagram) 'This follows an incident at approximately 05:25hrs on Thursday, 12 December after reports of a man assaulted. Caroline's rep shared a statement with Metro.co.uk, which read: 'We confirm that police attended Caroline's home following a private domestic incident. It has since been claimed Lewis is not pressing charges, and had shared loved-up pictures with Caroline since the incident. If you've got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page - we'd love to hear from you.

CAROLINE Flack has publicly declared her love for boyfriend Lewis Burton in a statement after quitting Love Island. 7 Caroline told Lewis 'I love you' on Instagram Credit: Rex Features After revealing the reason behind her decision to quit the show, Caroline thanked her friends and family for their support. She then went on to end the statement by declaring her love for the tennis player, 27, writing: "and my boyfriend Lewis... Lewis also took to social media in support of Caroline earlier this week. He wrote on Instagram yesterday: "I'm tired of the lies and abuse aimed at my girlfriend.

7 The Love Island star stepped down from hosting duties today Credit: Ian Whittaker - The Sun 7 She declared her love for Lewis in a statement online Credit: Instagram/carolineflack 7 Caroline will not take part in the winter show Credit: Rex Features 7 She was arrested last week after police were called to her home following a row with Lewis Credit: Instagram Caroline is "absolutely devastated" about the decision which comes after she was arrested on Friday. Cops swooped on the Love Island presenter's pad in North London where the couple live together following reports of a man being assaulted. Several officers and police vehicles were pictured outside the ITV2 star's home following the early-morning row and there were also images of blood on their door. 7 Lewis took to Instagram yesterday 7 The tennis player has spoke out in support of Caroline after the incident Credit: Gary Stone - The Sun But Love Island has been her world so it's, of course, an absolute blow. ITV issued a statement apology, which read: "ITV has a long standing relationship with Caroline and we understand and accept her decision.

Devastated Caroline Flack quits Love Island after assault charge Caroline Flack has been defended by her boyfriend after being charged with assault. The Love Island presenter was arrested and taken into police custody in the early hours of Friday (December 13) following a domestic incident at her home, which she shares with boyfriend and former tennis pro Lewis Burton. And, after sharing a recent photo of the couple together alongside a heart emoji over the weekend, Lewis has taken to Instagram again to show his support for Caroline. Posting to his Instagram story on Monday (December 16), Lewis dismissed suggestions that Caroline's partners are made to sign non-disclosure agreements, following her ex-boyfriend and The Apprentice star Andrew Brady sharing what he claimed was an NDA given to him while he was in a relationship with Caroline. "I'm tired of the lies and abuse aimed at my girlfriend," Lewis wrote. Previously, Caroline's rep told Digital Spy in a statement: "We confirm that police attended Caroline's home following a private domestic incident. A police spokesperson also said at the time: "Caroline Flack of Islington was charged on Friday, December 13 with assault by beating. "She will appear on bail at Highbury Corner Magistrates' Court on Monday, December 23. "This follows an incident at approximately 05:25hrs on Thursday, December 12 after reports of a man assaulted. Just hit 'Like' on our Digital Spy Facebook page and 'Follow' on our @digitalspy Instagram and Twitter accounts. Caroline Flack paid tribute to her boyfriend as she broke her social media silence following her arrest for assault by beating last week. The TV presenter, 40, took to Instagram for the first time since the alleged incident to confirm she will no longer be hosting series six of the ITV show, which will be in South Africa. Caroline revealed she's "devastated" by her decision, but didn't want to "detract attention" from the winter series of the show. She wrote: "There have been a significant number of media reports and allegations in regard to my personal life. "While matters were not as have been reported I am committed to co-operating with the appropriate authorities and I can't comment further on these matters until the legal process is over. 'However Love Island has been my world for the last five years, it's the best show on telly. "In order not to detract attention from the upcoming series I feel the best thing I can do is stand down from Series 6. Caroline also paid tribute to her fans for their support after being arrested and charged with assault. I have never experienced such kindness and love in my whole life. (Image: Caroline Flack/ Instagram) Please know that I see them and my boyfriend Lewis. Following her arrest last week, Caroline has been bailed to appear at Highbury Corner Magistrates' Court on December 23. Her boyfriend, former tennis player Lewis Burton, spoke out on Monday to address the recent incident, branding her "loyal and kind". He wrote: "I'm tired of the lies and abuse aimed at my girlfriend. Caroline is the most lovely girl. Lewis' denial of signing an NDA comes after Caroline's former fiancé Andrew Brady uploaded copies of a non-disclosure agreement, thought to be from when he was engaged to the TV favourite last year. He simply captioned the multi pictures: "#abusehasnogender" and turned off comments on the Instagram post. Image copyright Getty Images Image caption Caroline Flack is due to appear at Highbury Corner Magistrates' Court on 23 December Love Island host Caroline Flack has stood down from the show after being charged with assault by beating. "I feel the best thing I can do is stand down for series six," she said, describing ITV2's Love Island as "the best show on telly". Police were called to the 40-year-old's home in Islington, London, last week, where she lives with her partner, tennis player Lewis Burton. "There have been a significant number of media reports and allegations into my personal life," she said in her Instagram story on Tuesday. "While matters were not as have been reported, I am committed to working with the authorities and I can't comment further on these matters until the legal process is over." The star, who was due to present the forthcoming winter edition of the popular ITV2 show - which is expected to start on 12 January - added: "However, Love Island has been my world for the last five years, it's the best show on telly. Image copyright PA Image caption Love Island won a TV Bafta award last year "In order not to detract attention from the upcoming series I feel the best thing I can do is stand down for series six. Flack began presenting Love Island in summer 2015, having fronted the 12th series of The X Factor alongside Olly Murs, and winning Strictly Come Dancing in 2014. An ITV spokesperson said: "ITV has a long-standing relationship with Caroline and we understand and accept her decision. "We will remain in contact with her over the coming months about future series of Love Island." On Monday, Burton wrote on Instagram that his girlfriend had been subject to a "witch hunt" since being charged, describing her as "the most lovely girl". The TV star mentioned him personally online, writing: "My boyfriend Lewis... Image copyright Getty Images Image caption Flack and boyfriend Lewis Burton Follow us on Facebook, on Twitter @BBCNewsEnts, or on Instagram at bbcnewsents. If you have a story suggestion email [email protected]