loading...

19 August 2020 16:36

  • Home   >
  • MANCHESTER UNITED are lining up Bournemouth star David Brooks as an alternative to Jadon Sancho, reports claim.

MANCHESTER UNITED are lining up Bournemouth star David Brooks as an alternative to Jadon Sancho, reports claim.

Man Utd ‘seriously’ considering David Brooks transfer as Bournemouth star becomes latest Jadon Sancho alternative

MANCHESTER UNITED are lining up Bournemouth star David Brooks as an alternative to Jadon Sancho, reports claim. The Red Devils have been linked with the Borussia Dortmund winger all year and made him their No1 summer target. 2 David Brooks is the latest attacker to be linked with Man Utd Credit: Alamy Live News But having missed Dortmund's August 10 deadline to sew up a deal, the German side are playing hardball over their much-coveted asset. And with club chiefs Michael Zorc, Hans-Joachim Watzke and Sebastian Kehl having all ruled out any Sancho move, United appear to be looking elsewhere. According to Sport Witness, Brooks - who like Sancho came through Manchester City's academy - is a "serious" target for the Red Devils.

They also state that things could move very quickly, as it would be a much easier deal to complete than for Sancho. Brooks, 23, missed the majority of the 2019-20 season with a nasty ankle injury, but did manage to return for the final nine games - getting on the scoresheet against former club City. But it was the season before in which the Welsh international was really able to shine, scoring seven times and making a further five assists in his debut top-flight campaign. United are eager to sign another attacker, despite the exceptional performances of Anthony Martial, Marcus Rashford and Mason Greenwood. While Brooks is a deal that could easily be done, the Red Devils have also been connected to other targets.

Get the latest Welsh rugby news sent straight to your inbox Sign up Thank you for subscribing We have more newsletters Show me See our privacy notice Invalid Email Man United eye Bournemouth's Brooks as Sancho alternative Manchester United have eyed Bournemouth's David Brooks as a potential alternative to signing Borussia Dortmund's Jadon Sancho. The German club are demanding £108m upfront for the England international, which the Old Trafford club appears reluctant to pay. The Daily Mail reports that United have cast their eye on Brooks, who was relegated from the Premier League to the Championship with the Cherries, as an alternative to signing Sancho. The report claims Bournemouth would demand at least £40m for Wales winger Brooks. The MEN report no contact has been made between United and Bournemouth as yet, but the Manchester outfit are preparing to make a 'serious bid'.

Ronald Koeman could hand Liverpool an unexpected £17.5m with the new Barcelona manager reportedly keen on keeping Philippe Coutinho on board. The former Everton boss was appointed the new manager at the Nou Camp after Quique Setien was let go following Barca's humiliating 8-2 defeat by Bayern Munich last week. Koeman was brought in and club president Josep Bartomeu gave the manager a list of players who were allowed to leave, reportedly including Luis Suarez. The report claims Koeman is interested in doing that and, if he does, it could net Liverpool a large sum of money next term. Aaron Ramsey will stay at Juventus next season, according to reports.

The Wales star was linked with a possible swap deal involving Wolves striker Raul Jimenez, however the Midlands club rejected the proposal. Sky Sports' Italian transfer expert Gianluca Di Marzio, however, has said the Old Lady have no intention of allowing the Welshman to leave this summer, claiming there to be bigger priorities in terms of outgoings in this window. Speaking to Sky Sports News, Di Marzio said: "I think Aaron Ramsey will stay. He is on a lot of money, with a good contract, so it would be difficult to find another solution. So I think Ramsey will stay at Juventus." Want the latest Cardiff City or Swansea City news straight to your inbox?

Sign up to either the Cardiff or Swansea newsletter below and then each day at 4pm you'll receive a handy round-up of all the day's latest news with links to read the full articles. Spurs boss Mourinho personally contacts Cherries striker Wilson Tottenham Hotspur boss Jose Mourinho has stepped up the chase for Callum Wilson by personally contacting the Bournemouth striker. Football Insider reports that the Spurs boss has been in touch with Wilson to see how interested he would be in a move. The 28-year-old is sought to provide both competition and cover for Spurs talisman Harry Kane, and the report claims Wilson would be 'open to the possibility' of playing second fiddle to the Tottenham captain. He has scored 41 goals in nearly 130 Premier League games, and has been with Bournemouth since 2014 and is claimed to have a £30m price tag. Harry Wilson's Liverpool hope Harry WIlson's absence from Liverpool's Austria training camp is due to an injury, not his imminent departure from the club, according to reports. But, according to the Liverpool Echo, the Welshman's absence is down to a minor injury and he is in the UK recovering. The Reds face Arsenal in the Community Shield final in 12 days' time and it is thought Wilson will be in contention. Leverkusen set Chelsea deadline to complete Havertz signing Bayer Leverkusen have given Chelsea 10 days to complete the transfer of Kai Havertz. FourFourTwo reports that personal terms have been agreed on a five-year deal with the German and now the Bundesliga side must conclude a deal with Frank Lampard's side. Leverkusen are seeking £90m for the 21-year-old, but the Stamford Bridge side value Havertz at £70m. Manchester United are yet to make official contact with Bournemouth winger David Brooks but could make a serious bid, as their attempts to sign Jadon Sancho continue to stall. MEN Sport understands Brooks has been on United's radar for some time and could be attainable for around £40million this summer, with the Cherries needing to sell players after their relegation from the Premier League. Whether or not Brooks would be signed as a direct 'Sancho alternative' remains to be seen. United's negotiations with Dortmund over top target Sancho have hit a stumbling block, though United chiefs have not given up on signing Sancho despite the German club's 'deadline' for a sale now having passed. As MEN Sport reported in May, Brooks and Bournemouth teammate Josh King were both being targeted by United as possible summer options, though the latter was only in case Odion Ighalo's loan was not extended. Now it appears the 23-year-old is a firm target but there have been no talks yet between United and the player's representatives. Brooks has impressed at the Vitality Stadium, though missed a large chunk of last season through injury. It is thought Ole Gunnar Solskjaer could seek the advice of former Old Trafford teammate Ryan Giggs, who manages Brooks at international level for Wales. Solskjaer consulted Giggs on the signing of fellow Welshman Daniel James a year ago. Brooks has previously been linked with Tottenham and possesses the youth, talent and versatility that make him an attractive proposition for clubs like United. Solskjaer recently spoke about the need for United to make quality additions and find the right personnel this summer. Bournemouth will demand at least £40m for David Brooks amid interest in the Welsh starlet from Manchester United. Bournemouth are determined to hold out for big fees for their prized assets, insisting they are under no pressure to sell despite their relegation from the Premier League. The Cherries secured a £41m fee for Nathan Ake from Manchester City, more than double what they paid to sign the Dutch defender from Chelsea. Bournemouth's David Brooks is on Manchester United's radar as they look for forward options Brooks, 23, returned to the Bournemouth team post-lockdown after suffering injury problems As reported by Sportsmail, they have also put a £30m price tag on striker Callum Wilson who, like Brooks, is keen to remain in the top flight. Bournemouth have yet to receive any official contact from United though the versatile Welshman is one of a number of attacking options under consideration by the Old Trafford club. Bournemouth value Brooks at a similar price to Ake, with the 23 year-old a senior international who has shown his capabilities at the top level and also has two years left on his current deal. United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is desperate to boost his squad ahead of the new season Efforts to sign Sancho from Borussia Dortmund have stalled over the £108m asking price Brooks shone in his first season in the Premier League, following his £11.5m move to Bournemouth from Sheffield United, scoring seven times and setting up five more goals. Though a serious ankle injury restricted him to just nine appearances and one goal during the 2019-20 campaign, all coming since the season's restart. Meanwhile Bournemouth are also preparing for the departure of goalkeeper of Aaron Ramsdale after accepting an £18.5m bid from Sheffield United.