loading...

17 August 2020 00:34

Paul Heckingbottom Hibernian F.C. Kilmarnock F.C.

Lyndon Dykes scored 11 goals for Livingston last season before it was cut short due to the coronavirus pandemic Livingston have confirmed a bid for Lyndon Dykes from a Sky Bet Championship side - understood by Sky Sports News to be a £2m offer from QPR - has been accepted. The 24-year-old Australian did not feature for Livi in Sunday's 0-0 draw against Rangers but did watch on from the stands at the Tony Macaroni Arena. Dykes - who scored two goals in three appearances at the start of the new Scottish Premiership season - will have his medical over the next few days, with the move expected to be confirmed in the coming week. Barnsley, Middlesbrough and Stoke were among a host of Sky Bet Championship clubs interested in signing Dykes, with Barnsley having two offers in excess of £1m rejected. Rangers were also interested in Dykes earlier in the summer, but have since signed strikers Kemar Roofe and Cedric Itten.

Dykes watched on as Livingston battled to a goalless draw against Rangers QPR director of football Les Ferdinand watched Dykes twice in person in recent weeks at the start of the Scottish Premiership season. "Lyndon has been a massive part of our success over the last 12 months and everyone at the club wishes him nothing but success in the future," said Livingston's head of football operations David Martindale. "As a club, it's also a great acknowledgement of the work going on to help develop players that Lyndon's transfer fee will break the current club record previously held by the sale of David Fernandez to Celtic FC back in 2002. "It's testament to every single member of staff at Livingston FC, along with the players, that we had the level of interest in Lyndon that we did. "I know first-hand that we have all played a massive part in Lyndon's development over the last 12 months but more importantly, Lyndon himself is being rewarded for his appetite and endeavour that he brought into work every day, along with his infectious personality.

"Without a shadow of a doubt all of our jobs just got that little bit harder at the club, but this was an opportunity for Lyndon to go and compete in one of the biggest leagues in Europe. "Everyone at Livingston FC is delighted for Lyndon - go and smash it big man!" Speaking after the goalless draw with Rangers, manager Gary Holt also wished Dykes well, while insisting they will continue to develop new talent to strengthen the squad and replace those who move on. It is down to the big man [Lyndon Dykes] to agree his side and see if it suits him," Holt told Sky Sports News. "It also shows if you come and do really well and improve and buy into what we are trying to do, you'll get an opportunity to showcase your talents. The summer transfer window will run for 10 weeks from July 27 and close at 11pm on October 5.

Livingston say they have accepted a bid that will 'break the current club record' for striker Lyndon Dykes. English Championship side Queen's Park Rangers are believed to have submitted a £2 million bid. A club statement issued moments after their 0-0 draw with Rangers said the deal is expected to be finalised in the coming days. Speaking to the club's website, head of football operations, David Martindale, said: "Lyndon has been a massive part of our success over the last 12 months and everyone at the club wishes him nothing but success in the future. "As a club, it's also a great acknowledgement of the work going on to help develop players that Lyndon's transfer fee will break the current club record previously held by the sale of David Fernandez to Celtic FC back in 2002.

"It's testament to every single member of staff at Livingston FC, along with the players, that we had the level of interest in Lyndon that we did. I know first-hand that we have all played a massive part in Lyndon's development over the last 12 months but more importantly, Lyndon himself is being rewarded for his appetite and endeavour that he brought into work every day, along with his infectious personality. "Without a shadow of a doubt all of our jobs just got that little bit harder at the club, but this was an opportunity for Lyndon to go and compete in one of the biggest leagues in Europe. "Everyone at Livingston FC is delighted for Lyndon – go and smash it big man! GARY HOLT has backed Lyndon Dykes to thrive in the Championship as he gets set to clinch a £2million move to Queens Park Rangers. The striker will link-up with former Rangers boss Mark Warburton after he sat out Livingston's draw with the Light Blues on Sunday. Dykes has been an integral part of Holt's side but the Lions boss is delighted to see his star man get the chance of a lifetime ahead of a dream move to London. Holt said: "I'm buzzing for the big man – we all are. Any player who comes in, and does well for us, then moves to enhance his career is a feather in the cap for everybody, not just me, but everyone at the club. "It shows people who want to come and learn, work hard and enjoy their work have the chance to improve. "I told him that's what it will be like every week, that's why we'll keep pushing him to improve. Lyndon had that but it's up to him now. "I spoke to Lyndon and told him he'll do well down there if he embraces it like he did here. It's another level but knowing his traits and personality, he'll thrive on it. English Championship side QPR have had a £2million bid accepted for Livingston striker Lyndon Dykes, according to the Daily Mail. Dykes has failed to make the matchday squad for today's clash with Rangers at the Tony Macaroni Arena. This comes as the Mail reports that the final details of the deal are in the process of being completed. The newspaper has also reported that QPR Director of Football Les Ferdinand has been to watch Livi hitman Dykes on several occasions. The London-based outfit is currently managed by ex-Rangers boss Mark Warburton. Australian-born Dykes was linked with a potential move to Celtic by the Daily Mail back in June. However, with Celtic signing Albian Ajeti last week in a £5million deal (Sky Sports), any move for Dykes would appear to be low on the Parkhead side's agenda. When it came to adding firepower to the Parkhead ranks, Dykes simply wasn't a name that excited enough. That likely comes from his goal-record. It's perhaps harsh to say that Celtic made Dykes famous, but he really came to the fore in a 2-0 win against the Hoops early last season. So good luck to Dykes if the move to QPR does indeed get the go-ahead. But for Celtic, this never appeared to be a massive priority.