loading...

03 November 2020 10:30

Poundland Engagement ring Baftas 2019

Kate Garraway breaks silence after heartbreaking GMB interview The TV star took to Instagram with a message for fans Kate Garraway received a huge outpouring of support from viewers following her incredibly moving interview about husband Derek Draper on Monday's Good Morning Britain. Shortly after her appearance, the TV star decided to reach out to her fans directly to thank them for their kind messages. MORE: Kate Garraway reveals cheeky question she asked Kate Middleton Sharing a clip from her interview on Instagram, Kate told her followers: "Thank you so much for all your wonderful wonderful messages #hope @gmb." WATCH: Kate Garraway shares fears husband was 'giving up' "If the power of positive thought helps then you have literally the whole nation willing Derek's recovery. Lots of love xxx," one told her in response, with another writing: "So much admiration for you Kate, Derek knows he's a lucky man to have you and will be fighting to come back. Take care of yourself, stay strong." MORE: Good Morning Britain stars' wedding photos: Kate Garraway, Piers Morgan, Ben Shephard and more A third wrote: "He is fighting hard for the ones he loves", and a fourth added: "Keep hoping and never give up.

Saw you this morning with Piers and then Lorraine. You are so strong. Always thinking of you all." Kate's husband Derek Draper has been battling coronavirus since March Kate's husband has been in hospital since March, battling coronavirus. During Monday's interview, she shared her deepest fears with co-stars Piers Morgan and Susanna Reid as she confirmed Derek had been able to mouth his first word – 'pain'. "I think the power of hope is huge, but you're also constantly trying to think, 'At what point do you have to start being real?' and, 'When is hope still real?'," she shared.

The couple share two children together "Now what I have to be careful of, in terms of the children and his family, is not running away with that and thinking, 'Ok, this is it. Within a couple of weeks he'll be back home', and all of that because it is still a long road to go, and we don't know how far down that road he can come. "I was getting scared. I thought, 'If it's hard for me, what is it like for him trapped in there?' So I was getting scared that he might be giving up, you know, and so it feels like a fight for him." Like this story? Sign up to our newsletter to get other stories like this delivered straight to your inbox.

From sunrise to sunset, get the big stories in the Echo newsletter Subscribe Thank you for subscribing We have more newsletters Show me See our privacy notice Invalid Email Kate Garraway has spoken about the "financial mess" she's been left in as her husband Derek Draper continues to battle health problems in hospital following coronavirus. Good Morning Britain star Kate has detailed the emotional journey her family has been through since Derek went into hospital in March, leaving Kate to parent their 14-year-old daughter Darcey and 11-year-old son Billy by herself. Kate, 53, has opened up about the issues she has found since Derek was taken ill, as it his name on the bills and on insurance policies, leaving Kate finding it hard to speak about them as she is not the named person - reports Mirror Online. Speaking on Good Morning Britain on Monday, Kate said: "One of the practical problems - which a lot of people would've experienced if they've got the absence of someone in their life - like many things the car is entirely in Derek's name, the insurance is in Derek's name, a lot of our bank accounts. "There are a lot of financial goings that I've talked to you both about going on, which is making life very complicated because I can't get access to things. "Because legally I haven't got power of attorney. And all this other stuff that goes on when you're dealing with a situation where someone's been sick for a long time." Sign up for an Echo newsletter It's never been more important to stay in touch with the news, so subscribe now to the Liverpool Echo newsletter. Twice a day, seven days a week, we'll deliver the biggest stories straight to your inbox. We'll also send special breaking news emails too for the latest stories that matter. You won't miss a thing. How do I sign up? It's free, easy and takes no time at all. First just click on this link to our newsletter sign-up centre. Once you're there, put your email address where it says at the top, then click on the News button. There are other newsletters available too if you want them as well. Financial issues have been put under the spotlight in the past few days after Kate revealed that the family's car had been stolen from outside her house. Kate had named the motor "Vicky Volvo" and her GMB co-host Piers Morgan hit out at the "disgusting scumbags" who had nicked the 20-year-old car. Kate said: "Initially I thought it's bound to be an unpaid parking ticket that Derek hasn't been able to sort out while out of action since March and it's probably gone through a system and it's been impounded - but it's actually been stolen." Piers was visibly angry as he replied: "Let me get this straight. Some little scumbag or scumbags have come to your house and stolen your car when you're going through what you're going through. Enter your postcode below to claim a free scratchcard If you know someone who has this car... It makes me puke that someone has done this." The fiery breakfast show host added: "We'll get your car situation fixed today." Looking down the camera lens, Piers spoke directly to the thieves: "Honestly if you took that car look at your humanity for a moment please and give the damn car back. "It's got sentimental value. It is the family car and it's the only one the two kids have known, it's part of the family life. "This family needs that car." FREE now and never miss the top Royal stories again. SUBSCRIBE Invalid email Sign up fornow and never miss the top Royal stories again. We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights. This week, it was reported the Duke of Cambridge contracted COVID-19 in April, not long after his dad, Prince Charles. A source said the the royal was "hit pretty hard by the virus – it really knocked him for six". The Duke reportedly kept his positive case secret from the public because "he just didn't want to worry people". However, William did not keep his positive test results hidden from royals. One royal source had told Vanity Fair the Duke's case "was not secret amongst the family". Prince William caught the virus in April, insiders have alleged They also appeared to dispute claims made by the Sun's source, insisting the Duke "actually coped pretty well with the virus" and was not bed-ridden. Indeed, it is thought William continued to work through most of the illness, conducting over a dozen calls. The source added the Queen became concerned that both her son and her grandson had fallen ill with COVID-19. READ: Kate Middleton issues heartwarming tribute to 'amazing' Kate Garraway at Pride of Britain Despite his positive coronavirus case, the Duke carried out mutliple royal engagements such as calls during April Despite the Duke's positive case, neither Kate Middleton nor their children became ill in April, Dail Mail reporter Rebecca English has said Prince Charles became the first royal to fall ill with COVID-19 in late March. The 71-year-old said a few months later he "got away with it quite lightly". Around the same time, Prime Minister Boris Johnson also fell ill with the virus and was subsequently hospitalised. Meanwhile, news of William's coronavirus case has reportedly led to questions about why the Royal Family did not publicly announce it. Prince Charles caught the virus in March One Kensington Palace source has said the fact the Prime Minister was in hospital was one reason the news was kept under wraps. They told The Telegraph: "People were scared. People were already worried enough without us adding to that." Despite the alleged coronavirus case, Prince William took part in a number of high-profile engagements during the month of April, after the UK had been placed in national lockdown. Prime Minister Boris Johnson also caught the virus around the same time as Prince Charles and Prince William