24 June 2020 00:36
Porn star Ron Jeremy was charged on Tuesday with sexually assaulting four women in incidents dating back to 2014. The Los Angeles County District Attorney's office charged Jeremy with eight counts, including forcible rape, forcible penetration and forcible oral copulation. If convicted, he faces up to 90 years to life in prison, according to prosecutors. Jeremy is accused of sexually assaulting three women at West Hollywood bar in separate incidents in 2017 and 2019. He is also accused of raping a 25-year-old woman at a home in West Hollywood in May 2014.
Prosecutors are seeking to set bail at $6.6 million. Jeremy faces three charges of forcible rape, three charges of forcible penetration by a foreign object, one count of forcible oral copulation and one count of sexual battery. Jeremy denied sexually assaulting anyone in a November 2017 statement to Rolling Stone. "These allegations are pure lies or buyers remorse," he said at the time. All serious allegations have been investigated by police and dismissed by judges, as have most of the accusations of 'groping.' I have never been charged nor spent one day in court for any of this." Prosecutors also declined to charge Jeremy in connection with a fifth incident in 2016, citing insufficient evidence.
If he is found guilty, he could be looking at up to 90 years in prison, according to prosecutors. Jeremy stands accused of assaulting three women at a bar in West Hollywood on separate occasions between the years of 2017 and 2019, as well as raping a 25-year-old woman at a property in West Hollywood in May 2014. The prosecutors are attempting to have his bail set at $6.6 million (£5.3m). The adult performer, filmmaker and comedian has been charged with three charges of forcible penetration with a foreign object, three counts of forcible rape, one count of forcible oral copulation and one count of sexual battery. Ron Jeremy is credited in at least 2,000 adult films. The victims have only been identified - in accordance with their rights to anonymity - as Jane Does one, two, three, and four. Jeremy has previously spoken out in denial of sexual assault allegations that have been made against him. In November 2017, he made a statement to Rolling Stone in which he said: "These allegations are pure lies or buyers' remorse. All serious allegations have been investigated by police and dismissed by judges, as have most of the accusations of 'groping.' He has now been charged and will spend time in court, where he will be tried under his real name, Ronald Jeremy Hyatt. The prosecutors behind the case against Jeremy declined to charge him in relation to a fifth incident in 2016 as a result of insufficient evidence to support the claim. Adult film star Ron Jeremy charged with rape, sexual assault Los Angeles County prosecutors say adult film star Ron Jeremy has been charged with raping three women and sexually assaulting a fourth LOS ANGELES--Adult film star Ron Jeremy was charged with raping three women and sexually assaulting a fourth, Los Angeles County prosecutors said Tuesday. The counts make the 67-year-old Jeremy the third man to be charged, along with Harvey Weinstein and producer David Guillod, by a task force formed by District Attorney Jackie Lacey in 2017 to investigate sexual misconduct in the entertainment industry. Jeremy, nicknamed "The Hedgehog," is among the best known and most prolific actors in the history of the adult film industry, with thousands of credits to his name. Jeremy, whose real name is Ronald Jeremy Hyatt, appeared in court Tuesday but did not enter a plea. Jeremy was charged with three counts each of forcible rape and forcible penetration by a foreign object and one count each of forcible oral copulation and sexual battery. If convicted of all the counts he could face 90 years in prison. Prosecutors allege Jeremy raped a 25-year-old woman at a West Hollywood home in May 2014, sexually assaulted a 33-year-old woman and a 46-year-old woman in separate incidents at a West Hollywood bar in 2017, and raped a 30-year-old woman at the same bar in July of last year. He was investigated by the Hollywood task force after it was formed during a wave of sexual misconduct allegations that began in late 2017 with media reports about Weinstein that launched the #MeToo era. The task force has investigated more than 20 men, but Jeremy is just the third to be charged. Prosecutors have begun efforts to bring Weinstein to California to face charges of rape and sexual assault. He is being held in a New York prison after being convicted of similar charges earlier this year. On Monday, Guillod, a producer on the 2017 film "Atomic Blonde" and the 2020 Netflix movie "Extraction," was arrested in Santa Barbara County and charged with 11 felonies, most of them rape counts, that were investigated by Lacey's task force. Cohen said in a statement that "for the past eight years, Mr. Guillod has denied these allegations" and an "overwhelming amount of evidence has been collected over the course of this investigation disputing these charges." Los Angeles prosecutors charged "That '70s Show" actor Danny Masterson last week with the rapes of three women, though that investigation preceded the formation of the Hollywood task force. Masterson denied the charges and his attorney said he will be vindicated. Another allegation against Jeremy from 2016, was declined by the task force because of insufficient evidence. In recent years, Jeremy has appeared in more mainstream entertainment, including music videos and reality television shows like "The Surreal Life."