12 February 2020 02:12

“We made a lot of mistakes - probably me first with some changes,” Lamouchi said.

sabri lamouchi

Head coach Sabri Lamouchi took full responsibility as Nottingham Forest were on the wrong end of an upset at the City Ground. The Reds boss made five changes to his starting line-up against Charlton Athletic - some of which were enforced - after Saturday's impressive victory over Leeds United. But it was a completely different performance this time around as the hosts fell to a 1-0 defeat. Striker Lewis Grabban, midfielder Samba Sow and winger Sammy Ameobi all missed out through injury, with Tyler Walker, Ryan Yates and Adama Diakhaby on in their place. Matty Cash started on the bench, while fellow full-back Yuri Ribeiro was left out of the squad altogether as Carl Jenkinson got a rare runout and January signing Gaetan Bong made his Forest debut.

nottingham forest f.c.

"We made a lot of mistakes - probably me first with some changes," Lamouchi said. "We could play for two or three hours and not create a lot. "It was probably my mistake. "Grabban didn't play because he has a knee problem, like Samba Sow and Sammy Ameobi. "It was a mistake - not for who played tonight, but to keep the dynamic.

"Tonight it was absolutely different to a few days ago. Absolutely different. It was the wrong dynamic and we made a lot of mistakes. Grabban, Ameobi and Sow could all be doubts for Saturday's trip to face leaders West Bromwich Albion, when the Reds will look to get their promotion push back on track. "Grabban didn't make training after the last game. He has had some treatment today and we will check on him tomorrow," Lamouchi said. "Samba Sow and Sammy Ameobi had treatment today, so we will check on them tomorrow. "There was no problem with Cashy and Yuri." Lamouchi's men could have gone second in the Championship table had they claimed three points, with Leeds drawing at Brentford. However, they were well below par at the City Ground as Lyle Taylor's first half strike proved the difference. It is only my mistake," the Frenchman said. "I made the changes because we have a lot of games and have played a lot of games - for Cashy and Yuri. "For the others (Grabban, Sow and Ameobi), with some pain they cannot play. "We didn't want to take a risk because we play again on Saturday. "It is easy to say after the game that it was wrong, but I absolutely take the responsibility. "But with this team, we played in a low rhythm and made a lot of mistakes. We didn't really create any chances. "It was absolutely different to three days ago. "Bad performance and bad result. And we miss another big opportunity." Charlton boosted their fight against relegation with a hard-fought 1-0 victory over high-flying Nottingham Forest at the City Ground. Sabri Lamouchi's side came into the game on a high, having enhanced their promotion credentials with a 2-0 win over Leeds and needing a win to reach the automatic promotion places. But a team who included five changes – probably made with Saturday's trip to West Brom in mind – toiled to turn things around after Lyle Taylor put Charlton ahead in the 24th minute. Lee Bowyer's side had not won in 12 away games and sat fourth bottom but they held on for three points, with the goalkeeper Dillon Phillips making strong saves to deny Tiago Silva and Tyler Walker, while Walker was also denied by the woodwork. Forest were almost level a minute later when Sarr almost netted a spectacular own goal, with only a superb save from Phillips saving his blushes. Lamouchi took responsibility for the defeat. We gave them one chance in the first half and they scored," he said. "We did not create a lot. It was a bad performance. [Leaving out Matty] Cash and Yuri [Ribeiro] was a mistake. Not because of who played instead but because we did not keep the dynamic we had. Charlton played well and deserved to win. This was my mistake. I changed things because we have a lot of games... I take responsibility, absolutely. This was completely different to a few days ago. A bad performance, a bad result and a big opportunity missed." Facebook Twitter Pinterest Adam Armstrong celebrates after scoring Blackburn's second goal against Hull. Photograph: Martin Rickett/PA Blackburn scored three times in eight second-half minutes to brush aside Hull 3-0 at Ewood Park. The game looked to be heading for a draw but Tony Mowbray's side turned the game in their favour in clinical fashion. Darragh Lenihan broke the deadlock by turning home his third goal in five games following a 73rd-minute goalmouth scramble, Adam Armstrong marked his 150th career league start with a stunning 25-yard shot in the 79th minute before Dominic Samuel pounced on an error from the goalkeeper George Long. Sam Morsy put the Latics ahead but after Chey Dunkley was sent off just after the hour for a second yellow card, Lewis Wing's double had the visitors in the lead within six minutes. The on-loan Harold Moukoudi's own-goal 14 minutes from time then assured the points would be shared. Liam Cooper earns Leeds draw against Brentford after Kiko Casilla blunder Read more Birmingham extended their unbeaten run to six games with a fortunate 1-0 win at struggling Barnsley. Scott Hogan's second-half goal, set up by the man of the moment Jude Bellingham, gave the visitors the three points. Swansea and QPR fought out a drab goalless draw at the Liberty Stadium that must have left the watching Ryan Giggs unimpressed. The Wales manager had to endure a low-quality encounter which suggested neither side are capable of putting together the sort of run required to make the play-offs. Facebook Twitter Pinterest Teenage midfielder Jude Bellingham impressed again for Birmingham as they won at Barnsley. Photograph: Nick Potts/PA Peterborough made it six League One wins in a row to move within a point of the leaders Rotherham after a 4-0 win over Southend – with all the goals coming in the second half. Siriki Dembele opened the scoring before Jack Taylor lashed home a second from the edge of the box after 57 minutes. Ivan Toney wrapped it up with a late double, rounding the goalkeeper and rolling the ball into the net before heading home from a corner. Coventry climbed to third after a late effort from Matt Godden earned a 1-0 win over Portsmouth, while Sunderland recorded back-to-back victories with a 3-0 win over Rochdale at the Stadium of Light. Jordan Lyden chose the perfect time to score his first goal for Swindon as his second-half header was enough to see off Northampton 1-0 and keep his side top of League Two. The former Villa midfielder headed home Eoin Doyle's deep cross after 77 minutes in a tight game against their fellow promotion hopefuls. Chris Porter scored twice for Crewe as they stay second following a 2-1 win at home to Crawley. The Alex broke the deadlock after 72 minutes when Callum Ainley was brought down in the area by Jamie Sendles-White. Porter stepped up to score. Crawley equalised from the spot six minutes from time, Nathan Ferguson converting, but the striker made amends at the death, heading home unmarked at the back post. Third-placed Exeter made the most of David Wheater's first-half dismissal as they crushed Oldham 5-1 at St James' Park.